Double Chocolate CookiesPrep: 30 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 12by The Baking Explorer281 recipes>
I make these cookies all the time, and I have passed the recipe around my family. My step sister's kids love them! They are also my boyfriend's favourite cookies. You can freeze the dough and they are great straight from the oven, or a couple of days later.
- 150g dark chocolate
- 175g light brown sugar
- 75g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- White chocolate chips
- Melt the dark chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of shallow water.
- In a bowl mix together the light brown sugar and butter.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the self raising flour and cocoa powder to the mixture and fold in.
- Add the melted dark chocolate and mix well.
- Finally add your chocolate chips. I always use white chocolate chips. You can also add nuts,
- Cover the bowl and chill the mixture for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Roll out into balls and flatten down with your hands. About 6 fit on a baking tray, lined with baking paper. The cookies will expand and grow as they bake, so leave space in between them. About an inch is enough.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes on 180C/350F/Gas 4. There is a fine line between them burning so keep an eye on them!
- Leave them on the tray for a few minutes, then move to a cooling rack.
Leave a review or comment