Doodhi Thepla | Bottle Gourd TheplaPrep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by pshinde210914 recipes>
Doodhi Thepla or Bottle Gourd Thepla is very easy and fast recipe for breakfast or snack.Use fresh and grated bottle gourd or lauki for making thepla.
- 1 cup grated Doodhi Bhopla/Lauki/bottle gourd
- 1 1/2 cup Wheat Flour
- 1 green chili ,finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Ginger paste
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil + more for making thepla
- 3-4 tbsp Yogurt /curd
- 1.Mix wheat flour, green chilly, grated doodhi, ginger paste and coriander in a bowl.
- 2.Add all dry spices turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder, salt and mix well with flour mixture.
- 3.Add 1 tbsp oil and mix everything properly.
- 4.Add 1 tbsp curd /yogurt at a time and knead the dough. If curd is not enough, you could use water to knead the dough.
- 5.Dough should be smooth and soft same as chapatti dough.(Do not let it rest because as it rest Lauki leaves its water it becomes very soft and sticky.)
- 6.Divide it into small equal size balls.
- 7.Roll each ball into 5-6 inch circle just like roti. Use dry flour while rolling, so it will not stick on the platform.
- 8.Heat the tawa or pan on medium heat. Once hot put the rolled Thepla on it. Flip it once it has little brown spots and roast from other side till it become little golden-brownish.
- 9.Apply little oil using brush or spoon on it. Flip it and press it very gently using spatula until it is cooked. Again apply some oil and flip it. Press from other side too.
- 10.Once cooked remove it from the pan and keep into a insulated container to keep it warm or serve it right from the pan to the dish.
- Serve Doodhi Thepla with Curd or Tomato chutney.
Leave a review or comment