Hello Mitch...thanks for this sweet and savoury recipe for chicken thighs (which I prefer). I shall try this recipe very soon.
Donna's Orange ChickenPrep: 10 min Cook: 70 min Servings: 4by Micheline120 recipes>
A quick, easy and delicious orange flavoured chicken dish. Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables of your choice.
- 4 chicken legs, breasts or thighs
- Enough flour, salt and pepper to coat the chicken
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- If you are using chicken breasts, cut in half.
- Place the chicken pieces in the flour, salt and pepper mixture in a plastic bag and coat chicken.
- Cook the chicken in butter or margarine in a skillet. When cooked, removed from the skillet and reserve.
- Cook the onion and mushrooms.
- Add the orange juice and brown sugar.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 1 hour.
Leave a review or comment