Di Salvo sauce for pasta
my grandmother came from Scilly in 1907. I grew up with her showing me how to grow,can,cook,make fresh bread and pastries.I loved her alot so this is her recipie.
- 4 pounds fresh roma tomato
- 1 whole clove fresh garlic cut up
- 1 red onion chopped fine
- 1/4 cup italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup parm cheese
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda (takes away acid from sauce. not to worry it's suppose to fizz for a min or two.
- The 4 lb's tomatoes puree in food processor set aside.
- In large pot pour some olive oil,get hot add garlic,onion and seasoning stir constantly till light brown. Careful will burn.
- add tomato sauce to pot stir together.
- when a light boil is reached add baking soda keep stirring
- add parm cheese and sugar.
- simmer on low for about 6 hours
- add to plate of hot pasta. Better if you don't mix together.
- sauce next day is awesome!
Leave a review or comment