Delicious Freezer JamPrep: 10 min Servings: 5by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
I took the kids berry picking and ended up with a ton of extra berries. Instead of throwing the berries we couldn't eat away, I decided to make homemade jam out of them. Everyone, from my husband to our baby, has loved this jam! So I thought I would share it with you. It's amazingly easy, so don't be scared to try it. We've had it fresh, refrigerated and frozen, and it is delicious no matter how you eat it!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 45g (1.6oz) pkg pectin (for freezer jam)
- 4 cups crushed fresh strawberries, or any other berries (if using peaches, nectarines, or apricots, use 3.5 cups)
- Crush fruit using a wooden spoon or other utensil.
- Pour sugar and pectin mixture into a large bowl. Add crushed fruit, and stir for 3 minutes.
- Ladle jam into freezer jars, leaving 1/2 inch space between jam and lid. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
Leave a review or comment