Deep Fried Bean Curd Stuff With Minced Fish
- 1/2 lb Shrimp
- 1/2 lb Fish fillets
- 1 x Egg white
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 x Bean curd cakes Oil for deep-frying
- 1. Shell and devein shrimp. Mince or possibly grind together with fish.
- 2. Add in egg white and salt and knead well to blend thoroughly. Divide in 16 parts, forming each into a ball. Then toss each ball hard against a cutting board, or possibly other solid surface, 15 to 20 times. (This will remove the air.)
- 3. Cut each bean curd cake diagonally in 4 separate triangles. On one cut surface of each triangle, cut a pocket by starting near the apex and making a slit running 3/4 of the way down. (Don't cut clear through bean curd triangle.)
- 4. Stuff a fishball into each slit or possibly pocket, flattening and shaping fish to fit. Meanwhile heat oil.
- 5. Add in bean curd triangles, a few at a time, and deep-fry till golden brown (3 to 5 min). Drain on paper toweling and serve.
Leave a review or comment