Deep Fried Bacon Wrapped Oysters
- 12 x Oysters
- 1 slc Fresh ginger root
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Sherry
- 1 c. Mixed nutmeats
- 3 slc Bacon
- 3 Tbsp. Smoked ham
- 2 x Scallion stalks
- 1 x Egg
- 1/2 c. Flour
- 1 pch Salt
- 1 dsh Pepper Oil for deep-frying
- 1/2 head lettuce Lemon wedges Chinese parsley
- 1. Shell oysters. Mince ginger root; then combine with soy sauce and sherry. Add in to oysters and let stand 15 min, turning occasionally.
- Drain, discarding marinade.
- 2. Meanwhile crush nutmeats almost to a pwdr. Cut each bacon strip crosswise in 4 sections. Sliver smoked ham. Cut scallion stalks in 1/2-inch sections.
- 3. Dip each oyster in crushed nutmeats; then top with a few ham slivers and a piece of scallion. Wrap oysters in bacon sections.
- 4. Beat egg lightly and blend to a batter with flour, salt and pepper. Dip wrapped oysters in batter to coat.
- 5. Meanwhile heat oil. Add in oysters, a few at a time, and deep-fry till crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper toweling.
- 6. Arrange on a bed of shredded lettuce. Garnish with lemon wedges and Chinese parsley. VARIATION: For the smoked ham, substitute Chinese sausage.
Leave a review or comment