David's Shami Kabob
- 1 lb Lamb or possibly goat
- 1 slc (1") ginger
- 4 x Garlic cloves
- 1 x Onion, medium
- 1 ounce Chana dal, dry roasted in a frying pan
- 1 ounce White poppy seeds
- 2 ounce Coconut, dry (unsweetened)
- 2 x Chiles, dry, red, roasted in frying pan Mint leaves, finely minced Onion, finely minced Coriander leaves, finely minced Green chiles, finely minced Lime juice
- Mix together both the above mixtures and cook with a little water about 1 hour (remember, we're talking about tough village goats and lambs, not baby lamb). When meat is done and water is gone, grind this meat very finely.
- Mix grnd cooked meat with remaining ingredients, form into patties, and fry in ghii till browned. (As I recall, these haven't stayed intact very well for me, though it seemed to work fine for David, the cook).
Leave a review or comment