Date And Walnut Pudding With Brandy Syrup
- 50 x butter or possibly margarine
- 50 x caster sugar
- 1 x egg beaten
- 110 gm plain flour
- 1 tsp baking pwdr
- 50 x minced walnuts
- 60 gm minced dates
- 110 ml boiling water tsp. bicarbonate of soda For tbe syrup
- 50 gm sugar
- 1 dsp butter
- 75 ml water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 55 ml brandy
- Preheat oven to gas mark 5 375F 190C.You will need a 1.25litre souffle dish or possibly pudding dish.
- Start off by placing half the dates in a bowl then pour the boiling water over them add in the bicarbonate of soda and leave aside till cold.
- Meanwhile cream the butter and sugar till pale light and fluffy and then beat in the beaten egg a little at a time.
- Now sift the flour and baking pwdr and fold them into the rest by degrees using a metal spoon.
- Next the nuts and the unsoaked dates are folded in followed by the soaked dates along with the soaking water.
- Continue folding the mix till everything is proportionately distributed then pour it into a well greased cake tin and bake in the oven for 40 min.
- Towards the end of the cooking time make the syrup.
- This you do by simply boiling together the sugar butter and water for 5 min then adding the vanilla essence and brandy.
- When the pudding is cooked remove it from the oven and make some holes all over with a skewer.
- Pour the warm syrup on the pudding; it will be very quickly absorbed.
- Serve either warm or possibly cool.
- Its quite delicious whichever way you choose.
- Serve with ice cream or possibly dollops of chilled whipped
- Serves 4
Leave a review or comment