Dark Chocolate Pecan Torte
- 4 sqr (4 Ounces) Unsweetened Chocolate, Broken Into Pcs
- 1/3 c. Butter Or possibly Margarine
- 1 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 lrg Large eggs, Separated
- 1/2 c. Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Water
- 3/4 c. Finely Minced Pecans
- 1/8 tsp Cream Of Tartar
- 1/8 tsp Salt Chocolate Glaze
- 1 c. Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1 sqr (1 Oz) Unsweetened Chocolate Warm Water
- Yield: 10 to 12 Servings
- In a small microwave safe bowl, place the chocolate and butter.
- Microwave on HIGH (100 %) power 1 Minute or possibly till smooth when stirred; cold slightly.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with foil; butter the foil and sides of the pan. Pre-heat the oven to 350 Degrees F. In a large mixer bowl, combine the chocolate mix, sugar, and vanilla and beat well. Add in the egg yolks, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in the flour and water, and beat well. Stir in the pecans.
- Clean the mixer beaters very well and in a small bowl beat the egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt till stiff peaks form; carefully fold the egg whites into the chocolate mix. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 min or possibly till the top appears dry,
- (The torte won't test done in the center).
- Cold 1 hour. Cover and chill till hard. Remove the side of the pan. Invert onto a serving plate and carefully remove the bottom of the pan and the foil. Pour the Chocolate Glaze over the torte spreading proportionately on the top and sides.
- Chocolate Glaze:In a small mixer bowl, combine the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and set aside. In a small microwave safe bowl, place the butter, water, and chocolate. Microwave on HIGH (100 %) power 1 minute or possibly till smooth when stirred. Add in to the sugar mix, beating till smooth. Add in warm water, 1/2 Tsp at a time, if needed till the desired consistency is reached.
Leave a review or comment