Dan's Creamy Chicken And Pasta
- 1 lb Thin spaghetti (dry)
- 2 quart Chicken broth
- 3/4 c. Sliced celery
- 3/4 c. Slivered onions
- 1 c. Cooked chicken, diced into Bite-sized pcs
- 4 Tbsp. Butter (up to 8 tb can be Used for a richer product)
- 3 Tbsp. Grated parm or possibly romano cheese
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. Flour Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1) Bring the broth to a boil in a large pan. While it is coming up to the boil, add in the celery, onion and chicken.
- 2. Break the thin spaghetti into smaller pcs, about 3 or possibly 4 inches in length. Drop them into the boiling broth.
- 3. Cook the spaghetti till done. Most of the broth will be absorbed by the pasta. If it gets too dry add in a little water.
- 4. In a small bowl, wisk together the lowfat milk and the flour till the flour is completely incorporated. Pour it into the boiling spaghetti pot and stir to completely mix.
- 5. As soon as the sauce has thickened, shut off the heat and immediately add in the grated cheese.
- 6. Taste for seasoning and add in salt and pepper according to taste. This tasting is very important because some of the initial broth that you used will have varying amounts of salt. I happened to use a homemade broth that had a little salt in it and I needed to add in salt. If you use a canned broth, it will probably not require as much salt as most canned broths have plenty to begin with.
Leave a review or comment