Dalca (Dhal Mutton Curry)Prep: 25 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 6by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Tender mutton pieces submerged in a dhal gravy with potatoes, carrots and brinjals swimming aimlessly.
- 250 gram of mutton meat and bones - cut into bite sizes
- 2 cups of mysore dhal (red version) soaked for 1 hour
- 1 inch ginger (smashed)
- 10 pips garlic (smashed)
- 1 big onion (cut into big pieces)
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 3 small potatoes (cut into 4)
- 1/2 carrot (cut into big pieces)
- 1/2 Chinese brinjal ( cut into big pieces)
- 3 red chillies (slit into 2)
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon plain curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- Few stalks of coriander & onion leaves (sliced)
- Add mutton, dhal, ginger, garlic, onion and turmeric powder in a pot.
- Sink all ingredients with water (about 1 litre).
- Simmer and boil.
- Once simmered, add curry powder and spices (coriander, cumin and fennel powder).
- Also add potatoes, carrots, brinjals and red chillies.
- Season with salt.
- Stir and continue to simmer to soften veggies.
- Add yogurt and give a good stir.
- Off heat and add coriander and onion leaves.
Leave a review or comment