Curried Lamb Stew
- 1/2 c. butter - (1 stick)
- 2 1/2 lb boneless leg of lamb or possibly lamb stew meat - (to 3 lbs) cut 1" chunks
- 2 med onions minced
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. ready-to-use beef broth
- 2 x apples cored, peeled, and coarsely minced
- 1 c. raisins
- 1 Tbsp. curry pwdr
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Saute/fry the lamb chunks and onions for 12 to 15 min, or possibly till no pink remains in the lamb.
- Stir in the flour, then the broth. Add in the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, or possibly till the meat is fork-tender.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
- Comments: Granny Smith apples are one of the best types to use for this recipe.
Leave a review or comment