Curried Cider Braised Pork Chops
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 x thin boneless pork chops (or possibly 2 thick bone-in pork chops) Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 c. minced onions
- 1 lrg celery stalk minced
- 1 x bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp. curry pwdr
- 1 1/2 c. apple cider
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Add in pork to skillet and saute/fry till brown, about 3 min per side. Using tongs, transfer pork to plate.
- Add in onions, celery and bay leaf to skillet. Saute/fry till onions are golden brown, about 6 min. Fold in curry pwdr. Add in cider and boil till sauce is slightly reduced, about 6 min.
- Return pork and any accumulated juices to skillet. Simmer just till cooked through, about 3 min for boneless chops and 5 min for bone-in chops. Season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe yields 2 servings (can be doubled).
- Comments: To accompany the pork, toss egg noodles with butter and chives, and sprinkle lemon juice over sauteed vegetables. Finish with vanilla ice cream and butterscotch sauce.
Leave a review or comment