Cucumber Basil Tea Sandwiches
- 8 ounce softened cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. half-and-half
- 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh chives
- 1 x unsliced loaf or possibly 12 slices rye or possibly whole-wheat bread
- 1 x English (seedless) cucumber, cut into thin slices
- 24 x fresh basil leaves
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and half-and-half till it is the consistency of soft butter. Stir in the chives.
- If you are using an unsliced loaf of bread, slice 12 thin slices from it.
- With a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, stamp out two rounds from each slice of bread. Spread the cheese mix on the bread rounds, then top each with several slices of cucumber and a basil leaf. Serve the open-faced sandwiches immediately, or possibly cover with plastic wrap and chill till ready to serve.
Leave a review or comment