Cucumber Avocado Salad With Toasted Cumin Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds (or possibly 1 tspn grnd cumin)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 c. mild extra virgin olive oil Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 6 c. prepared mixed salad greens
- 1 sm avocado peeled, pitted, and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 x tomato cored, seeded, and minced
- 1 sm cucumber seeded, diced
- 2 Tbsp. finely-minced red onion
- In small dry skillet over low heat, toast cumin seeds or possibly grnd cumin 2 min or possibly till fragrant, stirring occasionally. If using seeds, grind in a mortar or possibly coffee grinder and place in small bowl. Add in lemon juice and whisk well. Add in oil in a thin, steady stream, whisking till blended. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- In large salad bowl, combine greens with 1/4 c. dressing; toss to coat. Place on serving plates. Mix avocado, tomato, cucumber, and onion with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Top each portion of greens with avocado mix.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Description: "Avocado mixed with vegetables and fragrant cumin dressing makes a nice change of pace from guacamole."
Leave a review or comment