Crustless Zucchini Quiche
- 2 c. coarsely shredded zucchini (2 med.)
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon grnd nutmeg
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 ounce.)
- 14 ounce. can sliced mushroom, liquid removed
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce.) can stewed tomatoes
- In covered saucepan cook zucchini and onion in a small amount of salted boiling water for 5 min drain well. Press out excess liquid. In a bowl combine Large eggs, lowfat milk, flour, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir in cheese, mushroom and the zucchini mix. Pour into an ungreased 10 x 6 x 2 inch baking pan. On oven rack place baking dish in a larger pan. Pour warm water into larger pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake in 325 degrees oven for 1 hour or possibly till knife inserted just off center comes out clean. Let stand 10 min before serving. Meanwhile in small saucepan combine cornstarch, oregano and a dash of salt. Stir in stewed tomatoes. Cook till mix thickens and bubbles. Cook sauce 1 to 2 min more. Spoon some of sauce down center of quiche. Pass remaining sauce. Makes 5 servings.
Leave a review or comment