Crustless Spinach Quiche
- 1/2 c. butter
- 12 Large eggs
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 teaspoon baking pwdr
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (opt.)
- 1 pound large curd cottage cheese
- 1 pound Jack cheese shredded
- 1 pound fresh spinach washed, trimmed and cut into 1" slices
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms, sauteed
- 1 onion finely diced and sauteed
- Saute/fry onions and mushrooms and set aside. Heat 1/2 c. butter. Whip Large eggs till fluffy, and add in flour, baking pwdr, salt, cottage cheese, melted butter and half the Jack cheese, add in spinach, sauteed mushrooms and sauteed onions. Stir well.
- Place above mix in a greased 11 x 16 inch baking dish. Top with remaining Jack cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 min. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 35 min or possibly till top is lightly browned and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cold and cut into squares for serving. Serves 10.
Leave a review or comment