Crunchy Ramen Salad
I got this recipe from a former co-worker. It's a popular side dish at a lot of church suppers, work potlucks, and other events. There are various versions of this, but I like this one.
- • 1 Tbsp plus ½ C olive oil, divided
- • ½ C slivered almonds
- • ½ C sunflower kernels
- • 2 pkgs (14 oz each) coleslaw mix
- • 12 green onions, chopped (about 1 ½ C)
- • 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- • 1/3 C cider vinegar
- • ¼ C sugar
- • 1/8 tsp pepper
- • 2 packages (3 oz each) chicken ramen noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add almonds and sunflower kernels; cook until toasted, about 4 minutes. (I buy roasted, salted sunflower seeds, so I don’t toast them – only the slivered almonds.) Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, onions and red pepper. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, pepper, contents of seasoning packets from chicken ramen noodles, and remaining oil. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Break noodles into small pieces. Just before serving, stir in broken noodles, almonds and sunflower seeds. Yield: 16 servings. ¾ c each.
Leave a review or comment