Crockpot Chicken Noodle SoupPrep: 25 min Cook: 3-12-8-1/2 hours Servings: 8by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup is an easy, and delicious recipe for a creamy, chicken, vegetable noodle soup all done in the slow cooker. It's full of flavor and chocked full of vegetables. A perfect option for any left over chicken you might have. It uses low sodium chicken broth, and low fat cream cheese to make it very healthy with carrots, celery, mushrooms and onion combined and slowly cooked for a delicious, hearty soup. It is low in calories, low in fat, low in carbohydrates, low in cholesterol, low in sodium, low in sugars. A heart-healthy, diabetic and Weight Watchers (4) PointsPlus recipe.
- 32 oz reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots, (about 3 medium size)
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery (3 ribs)
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 3/4 tsp garlic pepper
- 3 oz reduced-fat Neufchatel cheese, cut up
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- In a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker combine together the chicken broth, water, chicken, carrots, celery, mushrooms, onion, thyme and garlic pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or HIGH 3 to 4 hours.
- If using LOW turn cooker to HIGH setting. Stir in Neufchatel cheese until combined. Stir in uncooked noodles. Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes more or just until noodles are tender.
Leave a review or comment