Crockery Stewed Chicken
- 1 x 4-lb. stewing chicken, cut-up
- 4 x Celerly stalks with leaves, cut-up
- 4 c. Water
- 1 sm Onion, sliced
- 2 x Springs parsley
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Dry thyme, crushed
- 1/4 tsp Dry marjoram, crushed
- 1/4 tsp Celery salt
- In crock pot combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hrs. Remove chicken from cooker, strain chicken broth; store in covered container. Chill. As soon as chicken has cooked enought to handle; remove meat from bones. Throw away bones and skin. Place chicken in covered container; chill.
- Makes 4 c. cooked chicken and 4 c. chicken broth.
Leave a review or comment