Crock Pot Scalloped PotatoesPrep: 20 min Cook: 8 hours Servings: 8by Suzy10 recipes>
Easy and delicious!
- 2 lbs Russet potatoes (approximately 6 medium)
- 3 Tbs butter
- 3 Tbs flour
- 12 oz milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 C shredded cheddar
- 1/2 C Gouda ( smoked is delicious)
- Sprinkle paprika
- 2 pounds of russet potatoes is about 5-6 medium potatoes.
- Slice potatoes about 1/8 inch.
- Start the sauce with 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. When melted, add 3 tablespoon flour and whisk for a few minutes. Add 1 1/2 cup milk. Frequently whisk for a couple of minutes and add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 t cayenne pepper. Bring to a light boil, and this will start to thicken in a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1 1/2 cup of cheese. I used sharp cheddar and Gouda. Whisk until smooth.
- Layer half of the potatoes into a large crock pot that has been sprayed with PAM. Place them individually so they do not stick together. Pour half the cheese sauce over the first half of the potatoes. Add the second half of the potatoes, then rest of the cheese sauce.
- Now give a light sprinkle of paprika. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- The edges will appear dark brown but they are just crispy like the best part of many casseroles.
- Recipe Notes
- This recipe cooks the potatoes to the max to get to an internal temperature of about 200 degrees. If your crock pot runs hot then your edges may burn. So know your pot. But that very dark brown is tasty.
Leave a review or comment