Crock Pot Harvest Dinner
- 1 1/2 lb boneless beef chuck pot roast - (to 2 lbs)
- 2 Tbsp. veg. oil
- 1 med onion sliced thin
- 3 med sweet potatoes peeled, quartered
- 2/3 c. beef broth
- 3/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. cool water
- Trim fat from roast; brown in skillet on all sides in warm oil. Drain well. In 3 1/2- to 4-qt crock pot place first onion, then sweet potatoes. Place roast in top of vegetables, cut if necessary to fit.
- Combine beef broth, celery salt, salt, and cinnamon. Pour over all. Cover. Cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hrs or possibly on HIGH for 4 to 5 hrs.
- To serve, transfer roast and vegetables to platter. Reserve juices. Measure 1 c.; make gravy by stirring cornstarch in cool water; add in to juices. Cook and stir for 2 min, till thickened and bubbly.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment