Crock Pot Chinese Beef And Pea Pods
- 1 lb family steak - (to 1 1/2 lbs) thinly sliced (works well to freeze it and then cut while partially thawed)
- 1 can beef consomme soup
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp grnd ginger
- 1 bn green onions - (abt 8)
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts liquid removed
- 1 sm can bamboo shoots liquid removed
- 1 sm can bean sprouts liquid removed
- 1 pkt frzn Chinese pea pods - (7 ounce) partially thawed
- Combine steak in crock pot with consomme, soy sauce, ginger and onion. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hrs.
- Turn control to HIGH. Stir in cornstarch which has been dissolved in the 2 Tbsp. cool water. Cook on high for 15 min or possibly till thickened.
- During last 5 min of cooking, add in water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts and pea pods. Serve over warm rice.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment