Crock Pot Chile VerdePrep: 20 min Cook: 8 hours Servings: 8by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
This is a super easy and delicious Chile Verde. We make a great Chile Verde from scratch with fresh tomatillos, but it's a lot of work. If you're tight for time, this recipe is 90% as good with a third the effort. The canned green salsa is made from tomatillos and the combination is really delicious. You can probably find a larger can of tomatillo (green) salsa at a Mexican supermarket, but even in your local store's Mexican section you'll be able to find the 7 ounce cans.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cubed
- 5 (7 ounce) cans green salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes or (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatillos
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, then cook and stir until fragrant. Add the cubed pork, and cook turning occassionaly until browned on many sides, about 4-6 minutes. Transfer the pork, onions, and garlic to a slow cooker, and stir in the green salsa, jalapeno peppers, and tomatoes.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours. Reduce the setting to Low, and cook for 4 to 5 more hours.
Leave a review or comment