Looks fantastic: looks colorful, and sounds tasty and balanced.
Crock Pot Chicken StewPrep: 10 min Cook: 8 hours Servings: 4by Salad Foodie390 recipes>
The perfect Sunday evening supper, this basic stew is pure comfort fare! What I enjoy particularly are the ease of preparation, large chunks of chicken, and the light yummy gravy. Based on a recipe from Taste of Home Magazine, this recipe uses boneless skinless chicken thighs. I have used a meaty turkey thigh in place of chicken: just remove the skin and cut into large chunks around the bone. After cooking, remove meat from bone completely.
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Minced fresh parsley for garnish
- Place potatoes, onion and carrots in a 3-quart crock pot.
- Sprinkle with flour, garlic, thyme, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; toss slightly to coat.
- Place chicken pieces over top and tuck bay leaves down on each side of pot.
- Add broth, cover and cook 7-9 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Leave a review or comment