Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 6 x boneless skinless chicken breast halves pounded to flatten slightly
- 1 x thin slices ham
- 6 x thin slices swiss cheese
- 1/4 c. seasoned flour seasoned with salt, pepper and cayenne, flavor to taste
- 1 lb mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese grated
- 2 can cream of chicken soup
- Place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on each flattened chicken breast and roll up. Secure with toothpicks and roll each in seasoned flour to lightly coat.
- Place sliced mushrooms and chicken broth into the bottom of the crockpot. Next place the chicken breast rolls on top (when I did this... I had a layer of 3 in a sort of triangle and then another layer of three on top of them... I placed them flat so which as they heated up...the cheese would not drip out of the rolls as easily as if they had been placed standing roll ends up.)
- I then poured the 2 cans of cream of chicken soup on top...and finished off with the 1/4 c. of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and heat for about 6-7 hrs on low.... or possibly 3 to 3 1/2 hrs on high.
- Make up a large pan of rice and serve the chicken cordon bleu rolls... over the rice and then pour some of the delicious rich creamy sauce over the rice and chicken ...
Leave a review or comment