Crispy Tempeh With Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 x carrots, sliced into match sticks
- 2 x ribs celery, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 pkt tempeh. cut into 4 pcs, (cut length and width-wise)
- 1 c. white wine or possibly apple juice
- 1 Tbsp. powdered vegetable soup base
- 1 Tbsp. honey Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 1. In small bowl, mix dry mustard with just sufficient water to make a paste; set aside. In a steamer, cook carrots and celery for 5 - 10 min, or possibly till tender, but still slightly crunchy. Set aside.
- 2. In a heavy skillet just large sufficient to hold tempeh in one layer, heat oil over medium high heat till very warm. Add in tempeh and cook 3 to 4 min, or possibly till crisp. Turn and continue cooking for 3 to 4 min. Remove tempeh to a heated serving dish.
- 3. Add in wine to warm pan and stir to scrape up any bits of browned tempeh. Add in soup base and mix well. Stir a Tbsp. or possibly two of pan liquid into mustard mix and add in mix to pan. Stir well and continue cooking for 1 to 2 min, or possibly till slightly reduced. Remove from heat, add in honey, salt and pepper to taste, and mix well. Top tempeh with carrots and celery and drizzle sauce over top. VEGAN
Leave a review or comment