Crispy Bean Curd Cubes With Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 3/4 lb bean curd / tofu cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 c. peanut oil, for deep-frying
- 1 ounce roasted peanuts
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp chinese white rice vinegar or possibly- cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili oil
- Combine the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the 1 1/4 c. oil in a deep-fat fryer or possibly a large wok till it almost smokes. Deep-fry the bean curd cubes in two batches. When each batch of bean curd cubes is lightly browned, remove and drain well on paper towel.
- Arrange the bean curd cubes on a platter and serve the peanut sauce separately as a dipping sauce.
Leave a review or comment