Crispy Baked Egg Rolls
- 1 c. Onions, diced
- 1 tsp Ginger root, chopped
- 4 x Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 c. Celery, diced
- 1/2 c. Shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 c. Button mushrooms, diced
- 3 c. Cabbage, diced
- 1 c. Bamboo shoots, diced
- 1 c. Water chestnuts, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Rice wine
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 24 x Egg roll skins
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame oil, dark, warmed
- Heat 1/4 c water in wok. Add in onions, ginger root and garlic and stir fry till onions tender byt not browned; about 5 min. Add in celery, mushrooms, cabbage, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts. Stir fry till vegetables tender, some 5 to 8 min.
- Remove from heat and add in soy, rice wine and honey. Toss well and place in colander over bowl to drain, at least 10 min.
- Stack egg roll skins on a flat surface, with 1 corner pointing away.
- Have a small bowl of water ready. Spoon 1/4 c. of liquid removed filling into the center of each wrapper, brush edges lightly with water, fold side corners to center, covering filling, bring bottom corner to center of fold, tuck under slightly and continue to roll into a cylinder. Seal top corner by moistening slightly and pressing down.
- May be frzn. Before cooking, brush lightly with sesame oil.
- Bake, seam side down, on nonstick baking sheets at 400 degrees F till golden brown and crispy, about 20 min. Serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment