Crispy Air Fryer Onion RingsPrep: 60 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 4by Homemade & Yummy153 recipes>
So much better when you make them at home. Super crispy onion rings are the BEST!!
- 13 ounce red onion (I very large onion)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Frank's Seasoning (optional)
- For the ONION RINGS:
- Peel and cut the onion crosswise into thick slices (approx. 3/4 inch thickness), then separate the slices into rings.
- Get 3 shallow bowls.
- Place the flour in one bowl, the beaten eggs in another bowl, and the breadcrumbs in the last bowl.
- Divide Frank's seasoning evenly between the bowls, and mix to combine.
- To COAT:
- For EACH ring dip and coat in this order:
- Egg mixture
- Flour mixture
- Egg mixture (this is the second time in egg)
- Flour mixture (this is the second time in flour)
- Egg mixture (this is the third time in egg)
- Finally, in the breadcrumbs (press to coat nicely)
- Place ALL the coated onion rings on a metal baking sheet, and put in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. **NOTE** You can actually do this up to a week in advance.
- To AIR FRY:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375º F.
- Remove onion rings from the freezer.
- Place the onion rings in a single layer in your air fryer container.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Fry for approximately 10-12 minutes (turning over at the halfway point).
- Onion rings are ready when they are tender, golden brown and crispy.
Leave a review or comment