Crisco's Super Crisp Country Fried Chicken
- 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 x Egg
- 1 c. Flour
- 2 tsp Garlic salt Or possibly garlic pwdr
- 2 tsp Monosodium glutamate, (MSG) option
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Black pepper*
- 1/4 tsp Poultry seasoning*
- 1 x Frying chicken (2 1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up Or possibly use chicken pcs Crisco for frying
- Blend lowfat milk and egg. Combine flour and seasonings in plastic or possibly paper bag.
- Shake chicken in the seasoned flour. Dip chicken pcs in lowfat milk-egg mix. Shake chicken a second time in seasoning mix to coat thoroughly and proportionately. Shallow or possibly deep fry in warm crisco.
- TO SHALLOW FRY: Heat crisco in skillet to about 1/2 to 1 inch deep and heat to 365 F. Brown chichen on all sides. Reduce heat (275 F) and continue cooking till chicken is tender, about 30 to 40 min. Don't cover. Turn chicken several times during cooking. drain on paper towels.
- TO DEEP FRY: Prepare as above and cook in deep crisco heated to 365 F. for 15 to 18 min. Drain on paper towels.
- *FOR EXTRA SPICY CHICKEN: increase black pepper to 2 tsp. and poultry seasoning to 1/2 tsp..
Leave a review or comment