Creme de Menthe PillowsPrep: 20 min Cook: 7-10 min Servings: 49by BearNakedBaker125 recipes>
- 1 cup unsalted butter - softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 49 Andes Creme de Menthe Thins (Can also be made with Andes Cherry Jubilee or Andes Toffee Crunch Thins)
- Preheat oven to 400Â° F. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
- Divide dough in half. On well-floured surface, roll half of the dough into a 14 x 9-inch rectangle. Arrange mints evenly on dough, forming 7 rows of 7. Between 2 sheets of wax paper, roll remaining dough into a second 14 x 9-inch rectangle.
- Remove top sheet of wax paper and discard. Carefully turn second rectangle over mint-topped dough, matching edges. Remove remaining wax paper. Using a pizza cutter or scalloped-edge pastry wheel, cut dough evenly between mints. Gently press edges of pillows to seal.
- Place pillows 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 400Â° degrees for 7 to 10 minutes, or until edges are light brown. Cool completely before storing.
Leave a review or comment