Creamy Swiss Steak
- 2 x Beef chuck steaks, 1 lb each
- 1 med Yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 can Cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 14 1/2 ounce Stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Dry thyme
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 8 sm New potatoes, unpeeled & quartered
- 9 ounce Frzn green beans
- 1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 13 X 9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil leaving a 1 1/2 inch over hang on all sides.
- 2. Cut the steaks into 4 equal portions and place in prepared pan. Top with onion slies.
- 3. Whisk together soup, tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, garlic pwdr and pepper in a bowl till well blended. Pour over steak and onion.
- 4. Cover the dish with a large piece of aluminum foil, and roll edges closed using the overhanging foil to seal.
- 5. Bake for 45 min, add in potatoes, reseal and bake another 45 min.
- 6. Uncover the pan, add in the green beans, reseal and bake another 15 min or possibly till beans are cooked and steak is tender. Stir well before serving.
- Notes: Introduced in 1947 by the Reynolds Wrap company.
Leave a review or comment