Creamy Shrimp And Scallops Casserole
- 16 x frzn phyllo pastry sheets thawed
- 2 1/2 lb unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 2 pkt frzn minced spinach - (10 ounce ea) thawed
- 5 Tbsp. butter divided
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1 lb fresh bay scallops
- 1 pkt cream cheese - (8 ounce) softened
- 1 ct lowfat sour cream - (8 ounce)
- 1/3 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp grnd red pepper
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. half-and-half
- Cut phyllo sheets into 13- by 9-inch rectangles; reserve half of phyllo sheets, keeping covered with a damp towel to prevent drying out. Stack remaining 8 sheets in a lightly greased 13- by 9-inch baking dish, lightly coating each sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake on lowest oven rack at 400 degrees for 5 min or possibly till lightly browned, and set aside.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if you like. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add in garlic, and saute/fry 2 min. Add in shrimp and scallops; cook 5 min or possibly just till shrimp turn pink. Stir in cream cheese and next 4 ingredients till blended; remove from heat. Stir in spinach.
- Heat remaining 1/4 c. butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add in flour, whisking constantly; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add in 2 c. half-and-half; cook, whisking constantly, 3 min or possibly till mix is thickened. Stir flour mix into shrimp mix. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Stack reserved phyllo sheets, coating each sheet with cooking spray. Roll up, jellyroll fashion, starting at long end, and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Unroll each piece, and gently twist; arrange twists in a diamond pattern over casserole.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14 min or possibly till golden brown. Let stand 10 min.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment