Creamy Pasta with BroccoliPrep: 60 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 5by Culinary Flavors2 recipes>
I craved some meatless pasta and I just couldn’t go on with my life, unless I fed my appetite. That was a great pasta dish. Even my little picky got to eat the entire broccoli in his portion. It was creamy, it was warm and it was the perfect Sunday lunch for all three of us. Very easy to make and with a success guaranteed. You can make this on weekdays too.
- 600 gr. broccoli, I used frozen you can use fresh as well
- 300 gr. pasta
- 200 gr. Gouda cheese
- 200 gr. mozzarella, divided
- 2 tbsp of margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 30 gr. margarine
- 190 gr. mushrooms
- 30 gr. flour
- 600 ml milk, warm
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 200 ml crème fraiche
- 60 gr. parmesan, grated
- 60 gr. breadcrumbs
- Boil the broccoli, if they are frozen for 3 minutes, if they are fresh until they start becoming soft, but not too much because they will be cooked further in our procedure.
- Drain them and rinse them with cold water, so as to keep their vivid green color.
- In a small skillet melt the 2 tbsp of margarine in medium heat and add the minced garlic.
- Cook for couple of minutes and then throw this to the broccoli and toss to incorporate. Set aside.
- In a pot cook pasta according to your liking.
- In a big pot in medium heat add the 30 gr. of margarine to melt. When melted add the flour and stir for a minute.
- Add the warm milk and let it cook stirring constantly until it becomes thick.
- Add the salt and nutmeg and continue to stir.
- When it thickens remove from fire and add the egg.
- Before adding it you must have brought the egg to the same temperature with the batter by adding couple of spoons from the batter to the egg and whisk.
- Bring to fire again and add the crÃ¨me fraiche.
- Whisk to incorporate and then add the gouda and the half portion of the mozzarella.
- Whisk and allow some time for the cheese to melt.
- Add the bacon and lastly add the broccoli. Stir gently to incorporate all these in the batter.
- Throw the pasta and mix.
- Butter a Pyrex around 40x20 cm. and throw the broccoli/pasta mixture in it.
- Spread the parmesan along with the bread crumbs on top and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden on top.
- You can serve this pasta omitting the last phase which is the gratinizing, but I like my pasta to pass from the oven before it is served. It makes a beautiful golden crust on top which is gorgeous.
Leave a review or comment