CREAMY ONION BAKE
Looking for a deliciously different side dish? Try this cheesy creamed onion bake that features a secret ingredient - stuffing - that ensures that it's really good!.When I saw this recipe online,I had to make it! So good!.Creamy onions that are perfect accompanying a roast dinner whether meat or veggie.Made slight changes,but still the result was really quite good.A change of pace in your holiday menu. You'll love this and want to make it for all your holiday meals. Smoked cheese is a terrific substitute for cheddar cheese.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups Cornbread Stuffing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3 large onions, cut in half and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or (10 1/2 ounces) Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen frozen peas
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- Heat half the butter in a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat until melted. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the stuffing and parsley and mix lightly.
- 2 Heat the remaining butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir the soup, milk and peas in the skillet.
- 3 Spoon the soup mixture into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese and the stuffing mixture.
- 4 Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
Leave a review or comment