Creamy Hungarian Bean Soup
- 2 c. Navy Beans
- 2 sm Onions -- minced
- 1 x Leek -- rinsed and minced
- 3 med Carrots -- diced
- 6 lrg Garlic Cloves -- chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- 6 Tbsp. Flour
- 1/2 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 2 tsp Cider Vinegar
- Soak navy beans overnight. Drain them and place in large soup pot with onions, leek, carrots, and garlic. Add in water to an inch above the level of the beans. Bring them to a boil and then simmer, covered, till tender
- (about 1 1/2 hrs). Fold in the salt, pepper, and paprika. Ladle out 2 c. of the warm bean water and slowly stir it into the flour till smooth.
- Add in the flour mix to the beans, stirring constantly. Remove the soup from the heat and whisk in the lowfat sour cream and then the vinegar. Gently reheat the soup for about 10 min.
Leave a review or comment