Creamy ColeslawPrep: 10 min Servings: 10by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
I like to make all kinds of coleslaw's. I like to make different flavors, some with mayo some with vinaigrettes some mixed with both. I like to change up the base too... green cabbage, red cabbage, apples, carrots, rutabaga, fennel, turnips, jicama, parsnips.... any combination. You get the idea, if you can think it, you can make it. This is a plain, basic creamy slaw that I can throw together in minutes and works great for a side to lunch or dinner. Allow it time to chill the flavors meld.
- 5-6 cups of green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 carrot, shredded
- 1 Tbsp grated onion, more to taste
- 1 cup of Hellmans Mayo
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp celery salt
- In a large bowl combine shredded cabbage, carrot and onion, mix well
- In a med bowl combine sugar and vinegar and whisk well, then add Mayo, salt, pepper, dry mustard and celery salt.
- Whisk till well combined and pour over slaw mix and stir till well coated and chill.
Leave a review or comment