Creamy Black Bean Magic BowlsPrep: 8 hours Cook: 2 hours Servings: 6by Smokinhotchef371 recipes>
South of the border gone wild. These flavorful gems are a big hit with basic taco sides to mix and match to your pleasure. Soaked over night and full of complex spice notes, these beans are a home run and can easily be your favorite Less-meat main dish or a super sassy side!!
- 1 lb. dry black beans, picked over
- 1 piece bone-in country ham, rinsed, about 3 oz.
- 2 soft chicken bouillon cubes or 8 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- tortilla chips, crushed, for garnish
- chopped cilantro and parsley blend for garnish
- Spiced up Sour Cream:
- 8 oz. fat free sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- In a colander wash and rinse beans and remove any debris. Place in medium bowl with 8 cups water and kosher salt to taste. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to use, simply drain and rinse.
- In a 6 quart dutch oven over medium high heat, drizzle in a little olive oil and add onion, garlic, bouillon and bay leaves. (Be sure to add oil before heating dutch oven to protect your enamel). Cook for several minutes until aromatic.
- Add ham and cook several minutes more and add beans. Stir to coat beans and add enough water to just cover beans. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Cook until beans are tender and the bean juice becomes creamy adding water as needed - about 2 hours . Check seasonings and adjust with kosher salt and pepper to taste if desired. Stir in sriracha.
- meanwhile , in a small bowl, combine sour cream, paprika, chili powder and cumin Add kosher salt and pepper to taste and blend well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Ladle beans into bowls and drizzle with olive oil. Top with tortilla chips, a dollop of sour cream and the herb blend. Feel free to use cheeses and other traditional taco fixins'.
Leave a review or comment