Cream of Potato Soup BreadPrep: 90 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 2by Kyle Dalakas100 recipes>
Cream of Potato Soup Bread is a uniquely delicious and very simple yeast bread recipe! A family favorite with only seven ingredients and some time for the bread to rise!
- 2 Packages Quick Rise Active Dry Yeast
- 5 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- 1-10 1/2 Can Cream of Potato Soup
- Combine the yeast and 2 1/2 Cups of the flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat together the water, butter, sugar and salt in a medium sized sauce pan over medium high heat until just warm, stirring occasionally to melt the butter.
- Add to dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add potato soup and beat at low speed for 3o seconds, or until blended. Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
- By hand, stir in the rest of the flour to make a moderately stiff dough. Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 to 6 minutes. Shape into a ball and place in a greased bowl, turning once to coat. Cover and let rise until double, about 50 to 60 minutes. Punch down, cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Shape into two loaves and place in two greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise until double, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned and loaves sound hollow when tapped.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and place on racks. Pour 1 to 2 tbsp. melted butter over tops.
- Let cool completely.
- 2 loaves
Leave a review or comment