Cream Of Curried Vegetable And Split Pea Soup
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. Curry Pwdr * more if you like
- 1/2 c. Finely Minced Onion
- 1/2 c. carrots finely minced
- 1/2 c. celery finely minced
- 1 c. Water
- 3/4 c. fresh tomatoes finely pureed
- 3 c. Cooked Split Peas
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 c. lowfat milk Minced Coriander for garnish
- 1. Heat the butter in a 3 to 4 qt deep pot over medium-high heat.
- 2. When it is very warm, add in the curry pwdr and immediately add in the onion, carrots, and celery. Saute/fry the vegetables, stirring often to ensure which they brown proportionately, for 5 min.
- 3. Add in 1 c. water, the tomatoes, split peas, pepper, and salt. Cover and cook over low heat till the vegetables are tender (10 min).
- 4. Add in sufficient light cream or possibly lowfat milk to mellow and velvetize the soup as well as thin it.
- 5. Heat the soup thoroughly and serve garnished with minced fresh coriander
- NOTES : Cook the split peas so which they are tender but not mushy. At my house, we use 2 Tbsp. curry pwdr.
- This is different and very very tasty !
- Since we were talking about soups.. this is another which we make quite often. The original called for more butter and cream.. but it's great with less butter or possibly cooking spray and lowfat milk instead.
Leave a review or comment