Cream Cheese Chicken (Oven)
- 1 x Frying chicken, cut up, (I used 4 large bone-in chicken breast halves)
- 6 ounce Light cream cheese, cut into chunks, (neufchatel cheese)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or possibly margarine
- 1/2 c. Dry white wine Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 can Condensed cream of mushroom soup, (all I had was cream of chicken)
- 1 Tbsp. Minced onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish large sufficient to hold all the chicken with non-stick spray. Arrange chicken in dish and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with dry salad dressing mix and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 min. Meanwhile, mix soup, wine, cream cheese and onion in a small saucepan with a whisk over low heat till smooth. (I also added some lowfat milk). After the 30-40 min are up, pour soup mix over chicken and bake another 30-60 min.
- I served this with cream of chicken Minute rice and the extra sauce and it was good to the last drop!
Leave a review or comment