Crawfish With A Creole Mustard And Roasted Red Pepper Coul
- 1 c. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 c. Bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. Melted butter
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Minced onions
- 1/2 c. Minced red peppers
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp White pepper
- 1 3/4 lb Cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 lrg Large eggs
- 1 c. Grated Maytag White Cheddar cheese, plus 1/4 c. for garnish
- 1/2 c. Heavy cream
- 1 lb Smoked crawfish tails, rough minced
- 4 x Roasted red peppers
- 2/3 c. White wine
- 1/2 c. Creole mustard Salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. Fried crawfish tails
- 1 Tbsp. Minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Brunoise red onions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and butter till thoroughly incorporated, and press the mix into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. In a saute/fry pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add in the onions and peppers. Saute/fry for 2 to 3 min then remove from heat.
- In an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Large eggs together till thick and frothy, about 5 min. Beat in the cream, cheddar cheese, sauteed vegetables and crawfish. Mix till thoroughly incorporated and creamy, about 2 min. Pour the filling over the crust in the springform pan and bake till hard-about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cold to room temperature.
- For the sauce: In a sauce pot, combine all the ingredients together. Bring the mix up to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and simmer for about 5 to 6 min. With a hand -held blender, puree the mix till smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce on the bottom of the plate and dirty the rim. Place a wedge of the cheesecake in the center of the sauce.
- Garnish with the fried crawfish tails, white cheddar cheese, parsley and red onions.
- Yield: 12 servings
Leave a review or comment