Crawfish And Artichoke Risotto With Crispy Eggplant
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3/4 c. minced onions
- 1/4 c. minced red bell pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 c. Arborio or possibly Carnaroli rice
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 5 c. shrimp or possibly chicken stock - (to 6 c.) simmering
- 1/2 x lemon juiced
- 2 tsp salt Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. minced green onions
- 2 c. artichoke hearts cooked, trimmed, and quartered
- 1/2 lb cooked crawfish tails, with fat if possibl
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. minced parsley
- 1/2 c. flour
- 2 Tbsp. Creole Seasoning see * Note
- 1 lrg egg
- 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 1 c. yellow cornmeal
- 1 med eggplant cut 1/2" batons
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. When oil is warm, add in butter and then onions, bell pepper and garlic and cook till vegetables are wilted. Add in rice and saute/fry for 1 to 2 min, stirring constantly, till grains begin to look opaque.
- Add in wine and cook till evaporated, stirring constantly. Add in 3/4 c. of the stock, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Continue to stir constantly, adding additional stock in half-c. increments as liquid is absorbed by rice.
- After rice has cooked for 10 min, add in green onions and artichoke hearts and cook for 5 min, stirring constantly. Add in crawfish tails, heavy cream, half of the Parmesan cheese and parsley, and stir well to combine.
- Remove from heat, let sit for 5 min before serving, garnished with Crispy Eggplant and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- In a bowl, combine the flour with 1 Tbsp. of the Creole seasoning. In another bowl, whisk egg together with the lowfat milk. In a third bowl, combine cornmeal with remaining Tbsp. of Creole seasoning.
- Dredge eggplant batons in the seasoned flour. Transfer to the eggwash, then to the seasoned cornmeal, shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat extra virgin olive oil till very warm. Add in eggplant and fry, turning occasionally, till golden brown-brown on all sides, about 5 min. With a slotted spoon, remove eggplant to absorbent towels, and sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately on top of Crawfish-Artichoke Risotto, garnished with remaining grated Parmesan cheese.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment