Cranberry Ribbon Cake With Pink Puff Frosting
- 1 pkt Yellow cake mix
- 1 3/4 c. Jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 tsp Grated orange rind
- 1 pkt Fluffy white frosting mix
- 1/2 c. Cranberry juice cocktail
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 8 inch round layer cake pans.
- Prepare yellow cake according to package directions. Spoon 1 c. of batter into each pan. Cut cranberry sauce into 8 equal slices. Place 4 slices over batter in each pan, placing close to the center of the pans. Sprinkle with orange rind. Spoon remaining batter proportionately over cranbery slices. Bake in a maderate oven 350 F. for length of time recommended on package for 8 inch layers. Cold layers in a pan for 5 min, then remove to coll on racks.
- Heat cranberry juice to boiling point; add in frosting mix. Beat with electric beater till frosting is stiff and holds peaks. Place one layer, cranbery side up, on a platter. Frost. Top with second layer, cranberry side up.
- Frost top and sides of cake.
- Makes one 2 layer, 8 inch cake.
Leave a review or comment