Cranberry Fig Chutney
- 4 c. Cranberries, coarsely minced (12 ounce. pkg.) shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Cider vinegar
- 3/4 c. Bourbon or possibly Scotch whiskey (optional)
- 1 1/2 c. Light brown sugar
- 2 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 1 tsp Grnd nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cloves
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 x One-inch knob ginger root, peeled and finely
- 1 lrg Navel orange, quartered, finely minced
- 1 sm Onion, finely diced
- 1/2 c. Dry currants
- 5 x Dry figs, finely snipped, calamyrna or possibly black mission
- 1/2 c. Walnuts, toasted and coarsely minced
- 2 Tbsp. Mustard seed
- Combine cranberries, orange, onion, currants, figs, walnuts, mustard seed, shredded ginger, vinegar and whiskey in 4-qt saucepan.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and cayenne pepper in small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add in dry ingredients to saucepan and stir to combine. Heat to boiling.
- Simmer 25-30 min, stirring frequently. Cold and chill up to 2 weeks. Can be frzn up to 1 year.
- NOTE: Use a total of 2 large navel oranges, minced, if not using whiskey.
Leave a review or comment