- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 x leeks
- 1 x shallot thinly sliced
- 1 x garlic clove chopped
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 c. cranberry sauce (or possibly one 1 lb can cranberry sauce)
- 2 can beef consomme or possibly broth - (10 1/2 ounce ea)
- 3 c. water Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. lowfat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
- Using only the white part of the leeks, halve them lengthwise and slice. Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add in leeks and shallot and cook, stirring frequently, till shallot is translucent/soft and leeks are completely softened, about 10 min. Add in garlic and cook 2 min.
- Add in tomato paste and red wine vinegar, and cook 1 minute. Add in cranberry sauce, beef consomme and water, then bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 min.
- Puree soup in blender or possibly food processor, in batches as necessary. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm, and garnish each bowl with mounding Tbsp. of lowfat sour cream and some chives.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment