Cranberry Apple Cake
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3 x egg yolks beaten
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 c. flour
- 2 tsp baking pwdr
- 3 ounce lowfat milk
- 3 lrg Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 c. cranberries fresh or possibly frzn
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar Powdered sugar (optional) Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Whip sugar and egg yolks till creamy; add in lemon juice and mix well. Mix in flour and baking pwdr; add in lowfat milk and mix to make a smooth batter.
- Grease an 8- by 8- by 1 3/4-inch heavy-duty aluminum pan (or possibly fireproof casserole, or possibly 9-inch springform pan).
- Place apples and cranberries in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar; toss to coat.
- In baking pan, layer half of the batter, half of the fruit mix, remaining half of batter, then the remaining fruit mix.
- Place an empty baking pan upside down in the center of the cooking grate. Place cake on inverted baking pan. Grill for 35 to 40 min or possibly till a knife tip inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from grill and let rest for about 5 min. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream, if you like.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: The hot baked scent of this fruit-studded cake is the stuff memories are made of. Cake can be made with pears, peaches, or possibly plums instead of apples, and blackberries in place of cranberries.
Leave a review or comment