Cran Apple Spinach Salad With Spiced Pecans
- 1/2 c. cranberry juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. raspberry blush balsamic vinegar or possibly raspberry vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 c. minced, unpeeled tart red apples, such as Gala or possibly Braeburn
- 1 c. dry cranberries
- 8 c. torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1 c. thinly sliced celery, cut diagonally
- 2 c. Spiced Pecans (recipe follows)
- Whisk together cranberry juice concentrate, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar and salt in small bowl.
- Place apples and cranberries in 2-qt shallow glass dish. Pour cranberry juice mix over apple mix. Chill, covered, at last 3 hrs or possibly up to 24 hrs; stir occasionally.
- When ready to serve, toss spinach and celery in a large shallow bowl or possibly platter. Top with cranberry-apple mix. (If mix has been refrigerated several hrs, allow to stand at room temperature about 15 min for extra virgin olive oil to liquefy; stir before using.) Sprinkle with pecans.
Leave a review or comment